The update we have all been waiting for…
We are so pleased to announce The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario have given us the green light to return to practice. With the updated order made by (Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health’s Directive #2 for Regulated Health Professionals) RMTs are now permitted to gradually restart Massage Therapy services.
We are currently setting up the clinics to ensure we comply with all Ministry of Health Requirements as well as the CMTO’s and the CTCMPAO.
We will begin to take appointments as soon as the week of June 15th. To start our schedules will be limited and not all therapists will be available for their usual hours or at all. Additional time will be required between clients to allow proper disinfecting and screening of each client prior to treatment; therefore, we will be limited to the number of clients we will be able to see each day.
You will be sent a Covid-19 screening survey via email prior to your appointment. If you do not complete the screening, or if screening comes up positive you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. If you have recently been tested for Covid-19, please wait for a negative test result before booking your next appointment.
Below is a list of new Covid-19 policies and procedures that will need to be followed to ensure the safety of both yourselves and ourselves as we move forward with treatments:
- All people entering the facilities will be screened for Covid-19, including RMT’s, clients, visitors. If screening comes up positive for risk of Covid-19, you will be asked to leave, and Ottawa Public Health will be contacted.
- Please come to the appointment wearing a clean disposable or reusable mask that can be worn throughout the treatment. If you do not have a mask one may be provided for you, or available to purchase, subject to availability. If you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, please contact your RMT to determine if massage therapy treatment is appropriate at this time.
- Please arrive alone (where possible) and as close to your appointment time as possible. If you are unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying you will be screened at arrival to the appointment and will be asked to provide their name and number upon arrival for contact tracing purposes. They should also arrive at the appointment wearing a clean disposable or reusable mask.
- If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your appointment time. There is a QR code or a URL you may use to let us know you have arrived through the online booking system. Our main door will be locked at all times.
- All clients will be required to wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival and after treatment.
- A roster of all people entering the space will be taken (including names and phone numbers) to assist with contact tracing if required, ensuring client confidentially is maintained. In addition to clients, this may include couriers, guardians, and support people/workers. This information will be used for contact tracing only, should someone who visited the setting later be diagnosed with COVID-19. Visitors can refuse to provide their name and telephone number.
- Immediately prior to treatment, the RMT must screen you to ensure your COVID-19 status has not changed and must screen themselves using the same criteria as when you booked the appointment. This screening must be documented in your health record.
- RMT’s are required to wear a clean, disposable mask for each client, and maybe using additional PPE, such as face shields, disposable gowns, and safety glasses, depending on the upcoming treatment.
- As always, the highest level of disinfecting will occur between clients, including treatment rooms, and all high touch surfaces.
If you have any questions regarding the new policies and procedures, please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss.
One final change, in order to meet the new PPE demands and manage our increasing expenses, we have had to raise our rates. There will be approximately $5 added to each treatment. Please see the website for the specific details.
We would be happy to assist you in booking by phone, email, or through our online booking system https://kneadedtouch.janeapp.
Barrhaven 613-825-2225 firstname.lastname@example.org
Merivale 613-226-1900 email@example.com
Westboro 613-729-0988 firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Take care and stay safe,
The Kneaded Touch Team